Code No: TIFAC:V:03:ES Price:500 Category: Electric Power
- The basic inputs to this report have been drawn from the National Energy Committee reports and TIFAC study on Indian Energy Scenario.
- The report has addressed the crucial aspects of Energy Supply; Energy Consumption; Energy & Environment; and Equipment and Materials Development.
- As a short term measure for immediate capacity addition, setting up of small projects in the range of 25 to 100 MW are recommended to be encouraged. Refurbishing of the existing power plants is another important short term measure recommended.
- In the medium and long term several steps toward cleaner energy generation such as Pressurised Fluidised Bed Combustion Technologies in the range of 50-60 MW and Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) technology with respect to Indian High Ash Coals are also recommended.
- To enhance carrying capacity of the transmission lines development of microprocessor based compensation system are recommended. In order to construct new sub-stations in land scarce situation, design and manufacturing capabilities for constructing gas-insulated substations are suggested.
- The report also suggests several measures for nuclear power & renewable energies.