Date of Announcement: 10 January 2019
Last date: 25 January 2019
Click here for available vacancy and online application
TIFAC Internship Programme offers opportunity to students to work in the technology foresight and technology roadmapping exercises under supervision of TIFAC Scientists. TIFAC assigns to each intern a specific topic from the areas identified by TIFAC.
This programme helps students to get familiar with the emerging trends in cutting edge technologies, their potential impacts, as well as with the techniques and tools of technology foresight and technology roadmapping. So far about 80 students have benefited from this programme.
TIFAC too benefits from the interaction with enthusiastic young minds with fresh thoughts and technical acumen from reputed academic institutions in the country.
Internship in TIFAC is neither a job nor any assurance thereof from TIFAC. Candidates pursuing B.Tech/ M.Sc/ M.Tech courses from Universities/ Institutions of National and International repute are eligible to apply for the internship.
Internship is offered in three sessions: Spring, Summer and Autumn. Selection is made based on screening and shortlisting of applicaitons received online, followed by telephonic interviews.
Candidates pursuing B.Tech/ M.Sc/ M.Tech/MBA/MCA courses are eligible to apply for the internship. B.Tech students must have been successfully completed four semesters or appeared for fourth semester examinations. For specific relevant disciplines please refer to the section “Available Vacancy”.
Duration of internship will be up to a maximum of 12 months for M.Tech students and 6 months for others.
- Token Remuneration
B.Tech/ M.Sc: Token remuneration @Rs.10,000/- per month per intern
M.Tech/ MBA: Token remuneration @Rs.12,000/- per month per intern
- Submission of Report
The interns will be required to present to the concerned Head of the Division a report on the assignment at the end of the internship. Simultaneously they will also be required to give to the Executive Director, TIFAC mandatory feedback on their experience during the internship.
- Other important points
1. No accommodation facility will be provided to internees
2. Internees should be available on full time basis during the internship period
3. Internees need to carry their own laptops
4. Approval of TIFAC needs to be obtained for publishing any paper related to the works carried out during the internship
5. Applications are accepted online only, against specific announcement
6. Selection process includes short-listing based on information provided in the application, followed by a telephonic interview of the shortlisted candidates
7. Fields like name of the institution, course, discipline etc. should be written in full. Use of only abbreviations in these fields may disqualify the application.
For more information email:intern[dot]tifac[at]gmail[dot]com