TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANT ON CONTRACT
Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC), an Autonomous Body under Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India invites applications from retired Government officials for engagement as Consultant on full time basis for a period of six months on contract on consolidated remuneration (Professional Fee) basis. The Terms and Conditions of the engagement are as follows:
1. Essential qualifications - Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
2. Experience – The applicant must be retired Government official having atleast 5 years of experience of directly handling Establishment matters in Departments / Ministries of Govt. of India in a Capacity equivalent to Section Officer / Under Secretary). Those having such experience of working in autonomous / statutory bodies of Govt. of India may also apply. However, the candidates with experience in Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) would not be considered.
3. Desirable – The applicant should have thorough knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations, systems and procedures, etc. of Govt. of India. The applicant should also be comfortable with the usage of computers, internet, email, etc.
4. Age – Not exceeding 65 years. Relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in case of applicants having excellent professional track record and / or having direct relevance to TIFAC’s work.
5. Scope of Work / ToR
The Consultant would be required to prepare responses to Audit Reports / Memos, Complaints, RTI, Ministry matters, etc. for which immediate inputs are to be prepared and sent to appropriate authorities. Most of these matters relate to administration / establishment especially posts, appointments, promotions, and related matters. In addition, S/he would also be required to prepare tender / other documents and undertake actions regarding engagement of manpower through outsourcing / service provider agencies. The work would involve dealing with bulky old and current files, tracing and compiling old documents, preparing and putting up detailed notes / draft documents, follow up, etc. Any other related work may also be assigned as and when required.
6. Professional Fee / Consolidated Remuneration
The consultant will be paid remuneration in the range of Rs.40,000/- – Rs. 60,000/- p.m. (all inclusive) as recommended by the Consultancy Evaluation Committee. The amounts indicated above are all inclusive and would include all taxes also (if any). No other incidental expenses viz. transport, telephone, etc. would be paid. In case he / she is deputed for outstation travel, he / she would be paid TA/DA equivalent to his travel entitlements just before retirement.
7. Confidentiality & Conflict of Interest – The Consultant so appointed would be required to maintain Confidentiality & discharge his / her duties with sincerity. In case it is found to be in conflict with the interest of TIFAC, his / her services are liable to be discontinued immediately without assigning any reason. Further, the Consultant shall not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of consultancy with TIFAC without prior permission of TIFAC in writing.
TIFAC or Consultant may terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice in writing to the other party without assigning any reason.
9. Leave Entitlement
The full time Consultant shall be entitled to leave of 2.5 days per completed month. The Consultant shall not draw any remuneration beyond their prescribed leave.
10. The applicants need to enclose the copies of the following documents, duly self attested as proof of their credentials:
(i) Certificate evidencing award of degree as mentioned above.
(ii) PPO, LPC, etc.
(iii) Post retirement Experience certificate (if any).
(iv) No objection / relieving letter from the Employer (if employed at present)
Any other document, if deemed necessary may be demanded by TIFAC during the shortlisting / selection / contract signing process.
i. The last date of receipt of applications (hard copy) in TIFAC would be 15th June 2018. The applications should be addressed to “In-charge (Fin. & Admn.), Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC), 1st Floor, A-Wing, Vishwakarma Bhawan, Shaheet Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi – 110 016”. The envelope should be superscripted as “Application for Consultant in TIFAC”.
ii. The reckoning date for the criteria given above viz. qualification, experience, age, etc. would be 15th June 2018.
iii. The prescribed qualifications / experience are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her to be called for interview.
iv. TIFAC reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit.
v. TIFAC also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons at any stage.